[OpenIndiana-discuss] Laptop Monitor not being recognised when docked

Andrew Myers am2605 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 01:11:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

Finally got it booting via the usb drive.  However when connected to
my dell "e-series" dock, it boots and displays everything on the
external monitor until x starts, then the external monitor switches
into "standby" mode and only the laptop screen is active.  System ->
Preferences -> Monitors only shows one monitor ("unknown device" or
something similar).  What are my chances of getting this working.
Could there be another driver I need, or something I need to change in
my x config?

Many thanks,
Andrew.