[OpenIndiana-discuss] IO_b148 on an ATI HD 5770: Xorg failure / black screen

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 19:11:39 UTC 2010

Hi Ed,

I validated the ATI Radeon HD 4870 card on OpenSolaris a while ago. The driver of choice is now the 'radeon' driver which is compatible with the ATI Radeon HD 5970 card and the ATI Radeon 5*** series. The radeonHD driver is consider defunct so use the newer "radeon" 6.13.1 or higher driver only in this case with OI_148/Solaris 11 Express.

The ATI Radeon HD 6*** series graphic adapters are compatible with the radeon driver as well (PCI ID and tweaks aside).

~ Ken Mays