[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana book

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Thu Dec 30 19:58:17 UTC 2010

If I could choose I would probably use the webgui that comes with
FreeNAS (freenas.org). I haven't looked into napp-it but I remember the
confusion I had when I read in the OpenSolaris manual pages and the
OpenSolaris Bible about the webmin tools and couldn't find it in the OS.

It turned out that it wasn't included in the OpenSolaris, only on
Solaris/Nevada. So my question was since the Oracle thing and all, if it
has been reinstated with the OpenIndiana distros.

I tried installing the webmin packages by ripping them off of the Nevada
install CD. I ended up corrupting the OS in the process making it
unbootable, so I wouldn't make such an attempt again unless I know it is
safe to do so.
- Robin.