[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 Express

Paul Johnston paul.a.johnston at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 09:41:56 UTC 2010

Apologies for starting all this but!

<stream_of_conscious>
It sort of makes me think when an organisation/company says "Our best
asset is out people!", how can you buy that company/asset and more
importantly how can you put a value on it?
Like a football team over here how much would you spend buying Liverpool
if Gerrard, Torres and Reina can simply see out their contracts and
leave!
Yes companies have assets, service agreements, buildings, even a good
name and order books but in a world where you are only as good as the
last thing you did, the money spent buying Sun does seem rather unusual!
Interesting that most of the names below seem to have gone to "smaller
outfits" (non-derogatory term)!
Not sure any have gone to IBM, Microsoft, HP or even Google!
Is small truly beautiful now?
</stream_of_conscious>

Paul