[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 Express

Nathan Evans ndickinson.evans at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:26:46 UTC 2010

Well one added benefit to Oracle they Haven't lost Jonathan Giles he's a
talented engineer on the JavaFX project.
I'm just glad Oracle didn't kill that project. That would effectively put
Java out of the running for modern RIA.. I mean JavaFX can handle most of
not all Media formats... Mind you this has no real Impact on Solaris and is
kind of off topic so i'll shut my face.

However one remaining factors is that they do still have talented people at
Oracle... but the problem is can they keep them.
Oracle is betraying sun by killing its innovation and this will ultimately
cause the whole IT area to suffer. The bright minds at Sun invented most
technology we use on the network today. Other companies copied and
capitalized on those ideas which ultimately lead to suns demise. Had the
economy not crumbled as it did, I suspect Sun would be enjoying a rich new
influx of investor capital.

again off topic commencing the shutting of face.