[OpenIndiana-discuss] Spare bandwidth for mirroring

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 21:12:45 UTC 2010

On 1 Nov 2010, at 21:10, bernd wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> i would be interested too in setting up  a mirror box.
>
> But serving with pkg.depotd is not a real option at the moment, in case
> there is no Linux or FreeBSD Port available, unfortunately my webservers
> are running on those Platforms.
>
> Is there a possibility to get pkg.depotd on different platforms?
>
> Cheers

The pkg5 stuff is written in Python and has been ported to AIX, so I don't see why it couldn't be ported to other platforms. If I get time I might look at the FreeBSD side, but time is really the issue there. :-)

You can always host a dlc mirror if you like - that's just serving regular files so any webserver will do.

Thanks!

James