[OpenIndiana-discuss] Longterm Support? And Oracle Java legal to use on OpenIndiana?

Darko Hojnik hojnik at virtualizing.org
Wed Nov 3 19:33:58 UTC 2010

Hello List

Anybody knows about a LTS (Long Term Support) Distribution with
OSOL/OpenIndiana will be planed?

At Friday I get new hardware. It's a Tyan two Quadcore Server with 32 GB
memory and 4 x 600 GB SAS Drives in a Raid 10. Planned to deploy until
2016/2017. I have no trust in Oracle so I wouldn't buy a License.

And would it be secure to run snv_137 or the latest Kernel with Dom0
support many years? I need two virtualized Boxes, some Zones and a Zone
with PostgreSQL.

At last. It is legal to install Oracle JDK 1.6 on OpenIndiana? For
Glassfish or Apache Tomcat.

best regards
Darko Hojnik