[OpenIndiana-discuss] Spare bandwidth for mirroring

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Thu Nov 4 01:12:20 UTC 2010

On Nov 3, 2010, at 8:14 PM, Chris Mosetick wrote:

> Sorry to drift the topic more :) If anyone has the time and skills to make a
> package for Deluge ( http://deluge-torrent.org/ ) and get it into the
> repository, I would be forever grateful.  Sadly I lack the skills to make
> such a thing happen.  Deluge is, in my opinion far superior to the other
> clients floating around, and it's inclusion in OpenIndiana would be truly
> great.  There should be no technical reason that it could not be included,
> as it's written in python, and uses GTK2 for the gui.  The client/server
> approach Deluge uses is fantastic.

Everyone has their favorites; nothing wrong with that.  Mine is Vuze;
a bit of a memory pig, but very controllable, and the uPnP support
works very well behind a suitable NAT-ing router (typical home setup
with only one external IP address).  I hear it can be made to work
on Solaris; so far, I haven't gotten it working on my SPARC snv_97 SXCE,
but I haven't spent much time on it, either (a bunch of Java errors;
I suppose something must be missing, but it doesn't leap out of the
backtrace and bite me in the eyeball).  Apparently it's rather more
difficult to get working on x86 (requires Eclipse to build all the bits,
and Eclipse in turn isn't pre-built for x86 apparently).  But my only
x86 is in VirtualBox on a Mac (where I run Vuze natively anyway), so
while I could play with it there, I'd hardly _use_ it there much.