[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hello All

Rthoreau r7h0re4 at att.net
Thu Nov 4 11:43:46 UTC 2010

Nathan Evans <ndickinson.evans at gmail.com> writes:

Just wanted to welcome all those new to the list, and say that if you
want to pick up a book about OpenSolaris you can still find them on
Amazon.  I managed to pick up a book titled pro OpenSolaris by Harry
J. Foxwell, and Christine Tran for ninety nine cents used on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-OpenSolaris-Harry-Foxwell/dp/1430218916/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288888151&sr=1-1-spell

Mine is new except for the shrink wrap it looks like it was sitting on
bookshelf waiting for a customer.  At first I was a little skeptical as
sometimes those deals are too good to be true but I received mine and
only had to pay like six dollars total which was mostly for shipping by
USPS.  It is a good preview of what OpenSolaris could do with chapters
on zones and zfs. I do find the OS bible to be better in a technical
sense but a good source for various technologies. Besides you can't beat
the price.

Rthoreau