[OpenIndiana-discuss] I figured this deserved a separate thread

Allan E. Registos allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Fri Nov 5 23:28:07 UTC 2010

>In the Solaris books, and other posts I have read I have seen a lot of
>Sun engineers compare kernels heralding the benefits of sunOS. I just
>racked it up to a slight bias, after all they were sun employees, kind of
>like hearing Linus talk about the linux kernel. Then when I seen
>fishworks and some of the material that it was capable of I was very
>impressed. I guess what sold me was the fact that they could tell from
>I/O probes and graphs that a network interface card had malfunctioned.

>So I appreciate posts from real people doing real things that tell it as
>it is.

>Rthoreau

It is always good for consumers that companies who sell goods will always tell the truth and nothing but the truth out of their products. Now I am sold. The reason why I used Linux because of its wide support for server apps like zimbra, now I have a different roadmap and a new problem. How can I run zimbra on OI box. :)

Thank you folks,
Allan