[OpenIndiana-discuss] snv148 out in 2, 3 weeks?

Jon Tibble meths at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 10 16:07:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

>>> Is it possible that oi148 will be ready in 2, 3 weeks? Does anybody
> know
>>> how long it will take?
>>>
>>> I won't install snv147.
>>>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> I believe what's been posted to the list was that it's expected to be
>> available in 1Q 2011 (meaning 1st quarter of 2011). Since that won't be
>> until after the beginning of the new year I would suspect the answer to
>> your question is 'no'. But I have no inside knowledge.
>>

>> Cia W

<snip>

The 2011.Q1 is for the first "stable" release as opposed to the more
regular "dev" releases.  oi_147 and oi_148 are dev releases.  148 will
be out ASAP - obviously not before it is all built though.

Check http://wiki.openindiana.org/display/oi/oi_148 for the current
status.  You'll see at the moment the hold up is getting g11n built.
Once that is done progress should be more easy to spot.

Regards,
Jon