[OpenIndiana-discuss] Amazon EC2 and OpenIndiana

Gary gdriggs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 20:28:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:
> So I can create a ZFS mirror on my local machine, or should I use one
> of the instance-storage pre-existing AMIs and move to EBS?

The example I gave merely creates two mirrored EBS instances to attach
to a single EC2 instance (in my case, hardened OpenSolaris). I don't
know if Solaris has a way to boot from EBS. But development on a lot
of this stuff has dropped off since the Oracle acquisition... The most
recent AMIs released appear to be from January of this year (probably
not a coincidence as Jan 27 '10 was the date Oracle announced
completion of their acquistion):
http://aws.amazon.com/amis/Sun-Microsystems

-Gary