[OpenIndiana-discuss] [osol-discuss] Can this scenario be accomplished?

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Nov 11 15:11:08 UTC 2010

Sean <sean at ttys0.net> writes:

> After a zpool import of the attached zpool, the zpool and associated
> zfs filesystems will be visible and accessible.

Thanks again... that cleared some of it up.

I see what I've been stumbling over is what `importing' is really
like.  I had visions of actually slurping all the data somewhere.

But apparently it is more a process of allowing the running os to
recognize the data where it is.  Once that is done then the usual
kinds of movement of data become possible.