[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 Express available

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:36:38 UTC 2010

ummmm... I have been reading the features... and I did not try the system...
but from the paper looks as if the open and close Solaris versions merged
together.
Thinking about the gap from 10 to 11, I see mostly a branding gap, a
licensing gap, and a philosophical gap rather than a technical one...

With SUN I was expecting this equation for Solaris 11:

Opensolaris + Solaris Enterprise features + Community

For some reason I sense something like this:

Solaris + those old new things that opensolaris had + a mentality change...

Trading off Community for ORACLE'S corporate look..

I hope the new technical features are good.
I am curious to try.

Cheers