[OpenIndiana-discuss] did i do wrong

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 12:58:49 UTC 2010

dennis sexton wrote:
> I upgraded to opensolaris build 134(b) from 2009.06, that is the build
> now available that is
> supposed to permit you to go to solaris 11 express. Now when I try to
> go to openindiana, I get
>
> pfexec pkg image-update -v
> Creating Plan /Planning for install failed:
> Use -v option for more details
>

> pkg: No matching version of package/pkg can be installed:
> pkg://openindiana.org/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.147:20100914T035208Z:
> This version is excluded by installed incorporation
> pkg://opensolaris.org/consolidation/ips/ips-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.134.0.2:20100528T230337Z
>
> So did Oracle do do something or is this me?

I updated to OpenIndiana oi_147 from OpenSolaris 134 (not b) without
much problem, using Wiki OpenIndiana instructions.
(did not try to update from that 134b, that they made available for
their Solaris Express update)

Maybe you could try update to 134, specifying version to update to from
2009.06/111b:

/beadm cre­ate snv-134
beadm mount snv-134 /mnt
pkg install –R /mnt entire at 0.5.11,5.11–0.134
bootadm update-archive –R /mnt
beadm unmount snv-134
beadm acti­vate snv-134
reboot