[OpenIndiana-discuss] SunStudio

Chris Ridd chrisridd at mac.com
Thu Nov 18 14:23:57 UTC 2010

On 18 Nov 2010, at 14:08, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

>> I wouldn't entirely trust the comments in signal.h to be correct.
>> They *might* be, but they might not. G++'s opinion of C++ is not guaranteed
>> to  be correct. Sun Studio also keeps supporting old cruddy versions of C++ and
>
>> the  C++ STL, and that's *probably* what's biting you here.
>
> First of all, I added the comments so it is not an opinion expressed by the  GCC
> people.

Ah, OK.

> Maybe you are right about my problem, but instead of wrestling with something
> that
> in most cases fails, I tried to recompile libsigc++, glibmm and gtkmm with g++
> and

That's insane! :-)

The libraries included with Solaris/OI/OS work fine, and can be used fine from C++ apps built with the right flags.

> then to try build  bombono-dvd-0.8.1.
>
>> CC -compat=5  -norunpath -features=zla -xannotate=no
>
> I am sorry to say this, but this makes absolutely no sense to me.

You need to pass everything from -compat=... to CC for each file during the build. You might have to do that by setting CXXFLAGS or something like that when running configure. This is normal how-to-persuade-gnu-stuff-to-build isn't it?

Or did you mean something else?

Cheers,

Chris