[OpenIndiana-discuss] re did i do something wrong

dennis sexton dwsexton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 22:31:28 UTC 2010

/beadm cre?ate snv-134
beadm mount snv-134 /mnt
pkg install ?R /mnt entire at 0.5.11,5.11?0.134
bootadm update-archive ?R /mnt
beadm unmount snv-134
beadm acti?vate snv-134
reboot

The above syntax didn't work for me

pfexec pkg install -R /mnt entire at 0.5.11,5.11-0.134
pkg: illegal install option -- R

and no matter how much I squinted at the man page I couldn't
get any of the other ways I tried it to work either. Perhaps that
doesn't work in the 2009.06 build?

I also couldn't figure out the syntax to
pkg image-update --be-name name option either. No matter how many dashes I put
in front of be-name, it failed.

--
Dennis Sexton
dwsexton at gmail.com
"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words." St. Francis