[OpenIndiana-discuss] Slim XVM Installation

Oliver Roeschke o.roeschke at gmx.net
Thu Nov 18 09:31:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 16:13 +0100, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> * Mister Olli <mister.olli at googlemail.com> [2010-11-17 15:39]:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently trying to setup an XVM server using oi_147.
>
> xVM Dom0 has been EOF'd, I don't think it works on b147.

Is that decision final?
I've seen a lot of questions asking about future of XVM in openindiana,
but no clear answer to it.

the combination XEN + ZFS is unbeaten. OI not supporting this would be a
big loss for the virtualization users.

so count me in for xen + zfs supporters. if there's anything I can help
with testing/ documentation (all except coding, as I'm not that patient
in writing code ;-)) let me know.

regards,
mr. olli