[OpenIndiana-discuss] was did i do wrong : now 134/134b is it a split personality?

dennis sexton dwsexton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:42:13 UTC 2010

> /beadm cre?ate snv-134
> beadm mount snv-134 /mnt
> pkg install ?R /mnt entire at 0.5.11,5.11?0.134
> bootadm update-archive ?R /mnt
> beadm unmount snv-134
> beadm acti?vate snv-134
> reboot
>

> The above syntax didn't work for me
>
> pfexec pkg install -R /mnt entire at 0.5.11,5.11-0.134
> pkg: illegal install option -- R

The "-R /mnt" has to come before "install", not after.

Try:  pfexec pkg -R /mnt install entire at 0.5.11,5.11-0.134

Alan,

Thanks for the clarification. In the interim, I did manage to get
build 134 from the
the /legacy spot on the openindiana site. Of course it had all of
those bugs with
respect to the minor_perms and the need to run update-archive. Build 134b just
worked.

I guess my question now is how long can I maintain this "split" personality on
a single disk?  Can I actually keep the system running if I do

b134 -> openindiana
b134b -> solaris11 express

--
Dennis Sexton
dwsexton at gmail.com
"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words." St. Francis