[OpenIndiana-discuss] cryptic device naming?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sun Nov 21 16:25:35 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
> On 19/11/10 05:47 AM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > Tried that - told me "no card found". Seems it doesn't support the
> > LSI SAS2 card
>
> search for sas2ircu instead.

I tried that, but I can't find an option to change device order:

LSI Corporation SAS2 IR Configuration Utility.
Version 5.00.00.00 (2010.02.09)
Copyright (c) 2009 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved.

SAS2IRCU: Invalid command specified.
    where <controller #> is:
      Number between 0 and 255
    where <command> is:
      DISPLAY    - display controller, volume and physical device info
      LIST       - Lists all available LSI adapters (does not need ctlr #>
      CREATE     - create an IR volume
      DELETE     - set controller configuration to factory defaults
      HOTSPARE   - make drive a hot spare
      STATUS     - display current volume status info
      CONSTCHK   - Start Consistency Check operation on the specified IR Volume
      ACTIVATE   - Activate an Inactive IR volume
      LOCATE     - Locate a disk drive on an enclosure
      LOGIR      - Upload or Clear IR Log data
      BOOTIR     - Select an IR Boot Volume as primary boot device
      BOOTENCL   - Select an Enclosure/Bay as primary boot device
    where <parameters> are:
      Command specific values; enter "sas2ircu <controller #> <command>"
      to get command specific help

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk.