[OpenIndiana-discuss] new pidgin

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 15:52:02 UTC 2010

Hello,

The pidgin binary that comes with OpenIndiana, and for that matter the binary
that comes wisth Solaris 11 Express, has version 2.7.2. Unfortunately, one
cannot
use this version for MSN chatting. There is a problem with some certificate and
this problem is solved by version 2.7.7. My question is this, is the repo
updated
to include the new version and if not how can we "refresh" the repo? BTW, I
have compiled the new version of pidgin, but I have no idea how to make
an IPS package, I only know how to make the packages the old way :-(

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece