[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bordeaux running on OpenIndiana

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 08:52:39 UTC 2010

On 1 Oct 2010, at 09:39, Tom Wickline wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Today I compiled Bordeaux 2.0.8, Wine 1.2 and our other bundled tools (wget,
> unzip, cabextract) etc. on OpenIndiana
> and was pleasantly surprised how well everything went.

Fantastic :-) It's great ot hear things went smoothly.

> I did run into one problem with the install, after I built Bordeaux I tried
> to pfexec the install but it wouldn't
> let me install to /opt and I had to chmod /opt so I could write to the
> directory. Other then that everything has
> been working very good.
>
> Ive only ran a couple test apps so far, UTorrent 2.0.4 (latest release btw)
> and Foobar 2000 to test sound.
>
> Over the next couple weeks ill test more apps and some games and if all goes
> well I will release Bordeaux
> 2.0.8 for OpenIndiana before the end of this month.

That's also great news - thank you very much for working on this. Having commercial applications available for OpenIndiana, and Bordeaux in particular, is fantastic and will add weight to the argument in favour of deploying OpenIndiana. We'll definitely put up some content on our website relating to Bordeaux.

> See : http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/press-release/bordeaux-openindiana for
> some screen shots.

:D

> If you or a friend needs to run Windows Applications or Games on OpenIndiana
> please consider making
> a purchase... I really want to support OpenIndiana and have future releases,
> but to be honest it boils down
> to sales...

Is it the "Bordeaux for Solaris" license listed here?

http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/store/bordeaux-software

> In the post at bordeauxgroup.com you will see I have made the offer if we
> receive 50 licence sales in the next
> month we will prioritise the 3.0 release for OpenIndiana and release here
> first. And then release for Linux, Mac
> FreeBSD PCBSD later in the release cycle.

That's a very generous offer and I'll definitely be purchasing a copy. I'll spread the word!

Cheers,

Alasdair