[OpenIndiana-discuss] My OpenIndiana is working, Now I need to create a cluster with a 2nd node

Steeve Roy sroy at coveo.com
Sat Oct 2 10:42:12 UTC 2010

Hi, I am currently building a ZFS SAN in a test environment with OpenIndiana. I currently use a Fiber Channel SAN with switches and 2 servers etc... Now I have my first server configured and attached to a FC SAN to create a ZFS SAN (with all ZFS acceleration: Log, Cache etc...)

In past with OpenSolaris 2009.06 we can use OHAC to create a cluster with the ZFS server and get an active/passive cluster in case of a server failure. Now I want to do something similar because I'm going to host 70 TB of storage rear the ZFS SAN servers. So I want to know if there is a clustering software available and if possible, to get it work as an active/active cluster.

Thanks!

Steeve