[OpenIndiana-discuss] Translation and localization (was: Re: Manpages and documentation -- where to start?)

Daniel Payno dpayno at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 21:51:39 UTC 2010

First of all, good habit from my FidoNet days, Hi, I'm Daniel, aka Pay. Long term Debian user, using Solaris (nevada,10,...) for the last 4 years.

I was involved with the kde-es translation and localization proyect in the last years of the past century and have experience working with kbabel and editing of typical gettext .po files etc.. Does illumos/openindiana use po getext style messaging? Is this planned for the libc re-coding effort? If not, pointers to the system used, appreciated.

I am very grateful to Garret, Alasdair et al involved in this movement and want to add my few skills to the proyect,being as I am, more of a sysadmin, and less of a coder, except for bash scripts etc. I offer myself to form part of the spanish translation of system and messages.

Znx
--
    Daniel Payno Jiménez-Ugarte