[OpenIndiana-discuss] The name: "OpenIndiana"

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:32:44 UTC 2010

As I said earlier, I have no issue with openindiana, and you gave some
nice elegance to the whole thing...

But questioning is never a bad attitude, specially dealing with taste
and meaning. I find no problem in questioning something that I like,
if it could bring some new perspectives out.

I have been teaching computer graphics in the university, designers
and art-students are specially used to badly attack whatever idea
before accepting it. I think questioning a name is a basic thing to
face. I was somehow waiting to see who asks first about the issue.

I accept openindiana, but I would like to help questioning it, not to
convince or be convinced by someone, but for the purpose of analyzing
if we are going in the right direction. Critique is a part in all
creative work, there is nothing evil on it, it goes together.

Cheers!