[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS pool slow as molasses

Brett Dikeman brett.dikeman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:49:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Brett Dikeman <brett.dikeman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll have more to report in about a week, hopefully good news.  Is
> there a way to measure the size of the lookup table?

Answered my own question again, I think:

# zdb -DD data

DDT-sha256-zap-duplicate: 693 entries, size 994 on disk, 839 in core
DDT-sha256-zap-unique: 10712002 entries, size 354 on disk, 186 in core

According to the histogram also provided by zdb, the table only
contains about 1/4 of our data- 1TB out of ~4TB total.

The count is, in fact, going down as archives go through the
maintenance process.

By the way, there seems to be a problem with zdb under heavy disk IO:

root at planb:/crashplan# zdb -DD data
zdb: can't open 'data'': I/O error

(this was after several minutes of waiting.)

-B