[OpenIndiana-discuss] The name: "OpenIndiana"

BM bogdan.maryniuk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 02:51:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Hillel Lubman <shtetldik at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you want something unique, you can use unusual languages. Let's say
> Quenya. Aureos for example sounds nice (which might hint to SunOS - aure
> means "daylight" in Quenya ;).

I thought the same. We could find very nice names that could be
compact, small, unique, sounds good, looks nice from typography point
of view and so on. But my main point was to defend Alasdair's strike
against "Ubuntu". The fact is that when OpenIndiana will be placed
among OpenSSO, OpenPortal, OpenESB, OpenOffice, Open... Open...
Open... Open..., then it is not any unique at all, rather gets lost in
that pile of OpenFoo and just becomes yet another OpenName. Oh, this
one is also registered already as well. :-)

--
Kind OpenRegards from an OpenBM :-P

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.