[OpenIndiana-discuss] The name: "OpenIndiana" (part II)

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 13:31:30 UTC 2010

Well, I told a few many times that I am ok with openindiana, and there
is no one trying to change anything we are just exchanging ideas an
trying to give some new perspectives to the thing. This is a basic
procedure in all creative process.  This has nothing to do about "my
distro as I like it" or "your distro as you like it".
Talking and exchange of opinions should happen out of this kind of
interventions.
What I don't understand is the completely protective attitude. As it
is counter productive to the project I highlight it, and as it is not
very polite, I highlight the subject as well.
If a group of people is bringing ideas on the table, a "could you
please stop" is not a proper answer.

I have been involved in group collaborations for the last 15 years,
and to my experience, even if it is seen as childish, requesting to
stop that kind of attitude is best from the beginning. And talking
openly, and respecting others is best. Ending subjects kills many
things, therefore it is negative for the whole cause.

BR