[OpenIndiana-discuss] gcc linker

James C. McPherson james.c.mcpherson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 03:29:21 UTC 2010

On 12/10/10 05:09 PM, Edward Martinez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile "LibreOffice" suite on OpenIndiana, during the
> "checking" it stops with an error about "gcc linker id" :
>
> "checking gcc linker... configure: error: failed (not GNU Id). Use
> GNU Id instead of Sun Id on Solaris"
>
> I'm not very knowledgeable about gcc, so is there a way to change
> the gcc Id without compiling, like, adding a environmental variable
> or do i need to compile gcc with the correct id?

You have a font issue. We do not have an "Id" tool, we have
an "ld" tool.

I for Inquiry
L for Linker

/usr/bin/ld is the Solaris linker.
/usr/gnu/bin/ld is the GNU linker.

To resolve this problem when building LibreOffice you should
set an environment variable LD as follows:

$ LD=/usr/gnu/bin/ld ; export LD

James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
               http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog