[OpenIndiana-discuss] gcc linker

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Tue Oct 12 21:43:38 UTC 2010

  On 10/12/10 00:17, Emanuele Pucciarelli wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 09:09, Edward Martinez<mindbender_1 at live.com>  wrote:
>
>> I'm not very knowledgeable about gcc, so   is there a way to change the gcc
>> Id  without compiling, like, adding a environmental variable  or do i need
>> to compile gcc with the correct id?
> I'm not knowledgeable about LibreOffice, but in general you have two
> ways to do this:
>
> 1. set the LD environment variable:
>
> LD=/usr/gnu/bin/ld ./configure
>
> or
>
> LD=/usr/gnu/bin/ld
> export LD
> ./configure
>
> or even
>
> ./configure LD=/usr/gnu/bin/ld
>
> 2. change the PATH so that configure will find the GNU tools before the others:
>
> PATH=/usr/gnu/bin:$PATH ./configure
>
> (or one of the other aforementioned ways).
>
> Best regards,

            Hi,

      Methods that you and jmcp suggested are not giving me any results
        So I've decided to start from scratch and try using
"SunStudio12" and sunstudioexpress" ,like,  the docs from openofffice
states to use if
        the "gcc-linker" error pops up:

 From OpenOffice Howtos:

Error: GCC Linker

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc
checking the GNU gcc compiler version... checked (gcc 3.4.3)
checking gcc linker...
configure: error: failed (not GNU ld). Use GNU ld instead of Sun ld on
Solaris

FIX: linker error with GCC on OpenSolaris

searching this phrase, there is a conversation from a mailing list which
details the exact cause, and only offers the suggestion of using Sun
Studio to fix these problems

* the easiest way I found was to simply create the CC and CXX
environmental variables:

         CC=/opt/SunStudioExpress/bin/cc
         CXX=/opt/SunStudioExpress/bin/CC

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenSolaris_Build_Instructions/Configure_Errors#Error:_GCC_Linker