[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bordeaux running on OpenIndiana

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:00:49 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM, BM <bogdan.maryniuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Cia Watson <ciamarie at my180.net> wrote:
> > Here's the spot to put the Solaris version in the shopping basket:
> >
> > http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/store/bordeaux-for-opensolaris
> >
> > And thanks Tom, I appreciate your follow-through.
> >
> http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/press-release/bordeaux-2010-roadmap#comments
> >
> > In case anyone is interested, the app's I've been using it for is
> > KeePass and e-Sword, as well as the Win version of AbiWord -- which
> > hasn't performed very well but I hadn't spent much time trying to
> > trouble-shoot.
>

> OK, so finally we have Skype on Solaris, right? :-)

Ive not tried it, but you could install Skype as a unsupported app and give
it a try.

To install any unsupported app all you have to do is run wine from
/opt/bordeaux/bin

$ /opt/bordeaux/bin/wine app.exe

and to run the winetricks script that we bundle

$ /opt/bordeaux/bin/bordeaux-winetricks.sh

And you can install any of the dlls, overrides, apps, registry changes that
winetricks provides.

Also, I plan to skip 2.0.8 for OpenIndiana and bundle wine 1.2.1 and bump
the version to 2.0.10
I plan to do the build tomorrow and then if your a customer and interested I
will send you a link
to get a pre release. I think ive got most of the worst bugs worked out
now...

Then after a couple days of testing the pre release do the final release.

If running Windows Apps on OpenIndiania is something your interested in
please consider
making a purchase... The software only cost $25.00 USD or 15.60 GBP and
about 18.50 Euro's

See : http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/store/bordeaux-for-opensolaris

And Yes you will need to purchase the Solaris licence until I get around to
updating the site.

So if your interested to test the pre release let me know within the next
two or three days.

Cheers,
Tom

> --
> Kind regards, BM
>
> Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.

Wine is not a conclusion but a process...