[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 147 doesn't get screen size right

Charles Seeger seeger at cise.ufl.edu
Thu Oct 14 18:36:52 UTC 2010

+------ Guido Berhoerster wrote (Thu, 14-Oct-2010, 14:15 +0200):
| * Michael <michaelsprivate at gmail.com> [2010-10-14 14:02]:
| > it seems all I have from nvidia is the driver that came w. osol 134 -
| > could that be the case (even then, I can't remember seeing this with
| > any build of osol)?
|
| Yes, OpenIndiana does not provide newer versions of the closed
| Nvidia driver.

Sorry if all this is well known.
NVidia has Solaris drivers for download, but Sun/Oracle ships
modified versions.  For instance, see:

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/xwin-discuss/2010-September/004651.html
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/xwin-discuss/2010-September/004652.html

http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=131239

ftp://download.nvidia.com/solaris/

Hopefully, updated Oracle-modified NVidia drivers will ship with
the next Solaris Express, but those probably will come with limits
on redistribution.

Best,
Chuck