[OpenIndiana-discuss] InfiniBand card not working

Matt Breitbach matt at zfsbuild.com
Fri Oct 15 19:25:51 UTC 2010

So I've had a real fun time trying to get InfiniBand to work and to be
stable on OpenSolaris, and it appears as though I'm having just as much fun
on OpenIndiana.

Currently running a Mellanox InfiniHost EX IB card.  It shows up in the
network manager, and it shows up on the network from my Subnet Manager, but
when I try to configure it with an IP address, it does nothing.  It cannot
ping anything, and an ifconfig -a does not list it at all.

Any thoughts as to what could be going on?  It's been pretty terrible trying
to use it under OpenSolaris at all.  I installed CentOS for about 5 days on
the same system, and the card worked flawlessly while it was on CentOS, so I
don't think there is an issue with the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt Breitbach