[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing VBox

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 07:08:38 UTC 2010

Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
> Has anybody succesfully installed this version of VBox?

I haven't yet installed newest closed source Virtualbox on OpenIndiana yet,
but ever since 13x /dev Opensolaris releases, Virtualbox IPS package in
Sun/Oracle repository stopped refreshing(or it stopped installing,
what's first).

Try to first uninstall currently installed VBox and to install new VBox
from .pkg . That way I managed to have updated closed source VBox on 13x.

Btw, what about having OpenSource Vbox in OpenIndiana repositories
somewhere? (Or as package or IPS for 2009.06+)

Problem I have on OpenIndiana now is that USB support does not work
inside closed VBox(3.2.8) winXP guest but I will try reinstalling
(Because same closed VBox USB support stopped working even on one Linux
box (3.2.10) ).