[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fun Task - Comparing OI packages vs CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu etc

Kevin J. Woolley kjw at javabunny.net
Fri Oct 22 23:15:08 UTC 2010

On Friday, 22 October, 2010 16:06, "Alasdair Lumsden" <alasdairrr at gmail.com> said:

> If people are going to make the switch from their comfort zone on Linux, we need
> to give them something equal or better. Packaging so far seems to be the most
> common complaint, so we should do all we can to address that!

Is there a reasonably complete, up-to-date set of documentation for the packaging process?  I'm happy to help build packages, but my previous questions in this area have not been adequately answered (unless "just Google it" is a valid answer, at which point I point out that it's not obvious to a newbie what is complete and up to date...).

Cheers,

kjw