[OpenIndiana-discuss] other FS

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 13:23:48 UTC 2010

On 23 Oct 2010, at 14:13, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> More than one year ago I asked in a OpenSolaris forum whether the hsfs filesystem
> in Solaris supports multi-extent files:
>
> http://www.archivum.info/opensolaris-bugs@opensolaris.org/2009-06/00042/%28osol-bugs%29-Question-about-Multi-extent-ISO9660-files.html
>
> Since support was actually there, I am wondering if it will be included in OpenIndiana?
>
> A.S.

Hi Apostolos,

When you say "since support was actually there", can you clarify? If support is missing from OpenIndiana/Illumos, then I'm sure we'd be happy to add it, assuming the code works and meets the quality guidelines.

We're far more open to outside contributions than Sun were, being true open source projects with little bureaucracy.

Regards,

Alasdair