[OpenIndiana-discuss] Making OI Packages (part I)

Alex Viskovatoff viskovatoff at imap.cc
Fri Oct 29 17:00:10 UTC 2010

Hi Søren,

It's very nice that you are interested in contributing packages.  The OI
project needs all the packagers it can get.

Exactly how packaging will work is still being determined.  Have a look
at

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/OpenIndiana+Addon+Consolidations

As you can see from that document, packaging will initially be based on
pkgbuild.  You can find links about that here:

http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net/spec-files-extra/

The latest version of CBE (Common Build Environment) is available here:

http://dlc.sun.com/osol/jds/downloads/cbe/test/desktop-cbe-mini-1.8.0.tar.bz2

Much work creating packages has already been done at SFE (Spec Files
Extra). So it is likely that much of the work creating packages for OI
will initially be based on the specs found there.

Best,
Alex