[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana for SPARC?

Gary Driggs gdriggs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 15:47:02 UTC 2010

On Sep 15, 2010, at 6:01 AM, Mike Gerdts wrote:

> Stephen Peterson said that his employer was willing to make a Fujitsu SPARC box available to illumos for development.

Speaking of which, several folks at Oracle have expresses that they plan to continue R&D and support of SPARC architecture (sans dead end projects like the Rock CPU, etc). I expect we'll hear more about this next week at OracleWorld as Fujitsu's VP is scheduled to appear at Monday's keynote address; http://www.oracle.mobi/quickPage.html?page=19880

-Gary