[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrade trouble

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Thu Sep 16 01:33:45 UTC 2010

On 09/15/10 02:20 PM, James O'Gorman wrote:
> On 15 Sep 2010, at 19:34, Chris Mosetick wrote:
>

>> Edit your hosts file:
>>
>> /etc/hosts
>>
>> 91.194.74.70 pkg.openindiana.org
>>
> Please _do not_ do this. I know this got posted to twitter by @openindiana, but really it puts a lot of unnecessary strain on the server. We're looking at fixing the content delivery network so that the corruptions get fixed.

Ok, I'll hang tight until it gets sorted out. I'm not in a huge hurry to
do the upgrade, and I'm in even less of a hurry to have to remove
Thunderbird and have to restore .thunderbird afterward.

I also downloaded the iso via torrent, but there's no option to upgrade
the system from that. And no OpenOffice or Gimp either, which I thought
was odd, but the live (dvd) booted and came up just fine.