[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrade from b134: few packages get updated
viskovatoff at imap.cc
Thu Sep 16 18:58:04 UTC 2010
Have you installed packages from any repositories other than
opensolaris.org and extra? I've installed packages from those and also
from contrib, bionicmutton, and jucrpending.
If it's a package(s) that is causing this problem, I imagine one should
first consider packages from non-standard repositories as the possible
Still, I wish I knew of a way to get debug info about what is going on.
On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 16:13 +0000, Ron Dawson wrote:
> Yes, I have been observing this same problem as well. I was only getting a
> very small subset of OI to update after doing the 'uninstall entire'
> (essentially just some Gnome/locale stuff). I also went back to 133, moved
> it up to 134 and that didn't work (same problem). I'd only get 36
> packages/54 MBytes.
> Finally late yesterday evening I went back to OS 132, moved it up to OS 134,
> and then tried to move that up to OI 147. That appeared to be working much
> better (it was pulling down a much larger package list) but it eventually
> crashed pulling down a firefox component. I'm not sure if that is related
> to the thunderbird problem others have reported of it was just server
> issues. Will have to try again.
More information about the OpenIndiana-discuss