[OpenIndiana-discuss] Should http://wiki.openindiana.org/ point to TWiki?

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Fri Sep 17 03:58:32 UTC 2010

  On 09/16/10 16:24, Gary Mills wrote:
> I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Support->Wiki menu
> item on http://openindiana.org/ brings you to
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/, the front page of a TWiki service.  It
> appears to be empty.  I need to add port 8080 to get the Atlassian
> Confluence wiki.  Once there, the links work.

      With little flaws like the upgrading bug, no roadmap,etc might
give  the companies running CentOS and Ubuntu the impression OpenIndiana
is is being run by people without experience running a project, in the
words of oracle- a science project, and will be seen as a "hobbyist"
OS,  companies will mostly stay with CentOS,etc,  since  BTRFS is
improving,and will become standard in linux later on.  I think
OpenIndiana has to start acting like a professional project  (i.e.
.FreeBSD, OpenBSD) if it plans to be a direct drop in for opensolaris,
ubuntu and centos users.    I would lend a hand but i have my mind busy
with other stuff(algebra,calculus,gentoo,etc).

Regards
Edward