[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrade from b134: few packages get updated
ron.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 07:40:54 UTC 2010
I saw that you sorted out your problem on a different thread. I may have
installed some packages via contrib to build 133 which might explain why
going back to my ON 132 BE and updating it to ON 134 and then OI 147 finally
worked for me earlier this evening (cheer!).
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Alex Viskovatoff <viskovatoff at imap.cc>wrote:
> Have you installed packages from any repositories other than
> opensolaris.org and extra? I've installed packages from those and also
> from contrib, bionicmutton, and jucrpending.
> If it's a package(s) that is causing this problem, I imagine one should
> first consider packages from non-standard repositories as the possible
> Still, I wish I knew of a way to get debug info about what is going on.
> On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 16:13 +0000, Ron Dawson wrote:
> > Yes, I have been observing this same problem as well. I was only
> getting a
> > very small subset of OI to update after doing the 'uninstall entire'
> > (essentially just some Gnome/locale stuff). I also went back to 133,
> > it up to 134 and that didn't work (same problem). I'd only get 36
> > packages/54 MBytes.
> > Finally late yesterday evening I went back to OS 132, moved it up to OS
> > and then tried to move that up to OI 147. That appeared to be working
> > better (it was pulling down a much larger package list) but it eventually
> > crashed pulling down a firefox component. I'm not sure if that is
> > to the thunderbird problem others have reported of it was just server
> > issues. Will have to try again.
> OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
> OpenIndiana-discuss at openindiana.org
More information about the OpenIndiana-discuss