[OpenIndiana-discuss] open64 as a replacement for Sun Studio?

Tak Pui Lou tplou at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 17 18:36:00 UTC 2010

The reasons I suggested open64 are:

a) It seems to use GCC front end so porting software should be easy
while there should be some performance gain.
b) Christopher Bergström at osunix.org is interested in implementing
dtrace probe in the FORTRAN compiler. See http://www.open64.net/home/events/gsoc10.html
c) LLVM/CLANG does not support FORTRAN yet.

I like SS as well. I think the move is for the distant future in case
Oracle ...

---Tak Pui