[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi_147 crashes host under VirtualBox 3.2.8r64453, host Mac OS X 10.6.4

BM bogdan.maryniuk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 05:52:20 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Richard L. Hamilton <rlhamil at smart.net> wrote:
> oi_147 crashes host under VirtualBox 3.2.8r64453, host Mac OS X 10.6.4

Here is one of my setups, exactly for VBox:
27" iMac 3.33GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.4.0
SunOS openindiana 5.11 oi_147 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
VirtualBox 3.2.8r64453
Virtual Box additions installed and just works.

No problems.

The only thing that crashes — my eyes and heart, when I see
openindiana logo, which is only color-based to recognize "open" and
"indiana", hence actually you read the whole thing as "Open in Diana".
Unfortunately, we do not have *logo*, like OpenSolaris or Ubuntu or
RedHat or SuSE or Windows. We have only text string written in not
best way... But that's because it is already voted + accepted and I
had no chance to participate the competition to offer alternative
version. :(

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.