[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana logo (was: oi_147 crashes host under VirtualBox 3.2.8r64453, host Mac OS X 10.6.4)

BM bogdan.maryniuk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 04:39:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Albert Lee <trisk at opensolaris.org> wrote:
> I certainly don't parse the logotype text that way, since the colours
> separate the components. Perhaps this is prevalent with English
> speakers who aren't familiar with the proper noun "Indiana"?

Normally, logo should be highly scalable, quickly memorable, fit in
square (or nearly that), monochrome or at least color-redusable in
order to be burned on wood, engraved on metal, sandblasted on a glass
or pressed as a bas-relief on your business card. Like Apple, IBM or
Mc Donalds. So normally, you don't want to do any 3D effects,
gradients, color separation etc.

P.S. I've done this business for years long time ago. :-)

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.