[OpenIndiana-discuss] SATA-Harddisk [@Albert Lee]

Daniel Bossert daniel at dalll.se
Tue Sep 21 05:34:43 UTC 2010

Hi Albert

I suppose I did something wrong; i mixed few things..
Under Solaris 10 the installer didn't recognize my harddisk,
under Opensolaris the computer stopped after the string "Use is subject to
copyright". Yesterday I added the option -v to grub and then I saw that the
problem was the EHCI-controller; after deactivating the USB2.0 option in
BIOS Openindiana got further. But only to the automatic login screen; there
it freezed.
I suppose to have some problems especially with this computer and
opensolaris/openindiana.

Now; I googled yesterday further and found a site explaining that I had to
to 'fdisk' if no solaris partition were found.
So I as dind't had more time anymore yesterday I hopefully can try this
today or at least tomorrow.

Kind regards and many thanks for your answer!
Daniel