[OpenIndiana-discuss] [illumos-Discuss] access to Sun Fire V440 for Illumos Project

Attila Fülöp atf at gesindel.org
Tue Sep 21 14:40:27 UTC 2010

Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello.
> We (system administrator group of Southern Federal University Computer
> Center) are ready to provide dedicated Sun Fire V440 server for Illumos
> or OpenIndiana Project. I've read in OpenIndiana mailing list that
> Illumos needs SPARC servers. This one is not the latest, but it has 4
> UltraSPARC IIIi (1062 MHz) and 8 GB of RAM.
> If you need it, please, give me contacts of your system administrators
> to discuss further details.

I would like to chime in here. We are in the process of retiring 2 Sun V490
Servers (8 cores, see below) and have no further usage for them.
Unfortunately we have no resources to host this servers and I don't think
I could convince my company to pay shipment but at least  we can give them
away for free. We are located in Berlin, Germany. Please contact me by mail
if there is any interest.

Attila

bash-3.00# prtdiag
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Fire V490
System clock frequency: 150 MHz
Memory size: 40960 Megabytes

========================= CPUs ===============================================

          Run   E$  CPU     CPU
Brd  CPU  MHz   MB  Impl.   Mask
--- ----- ---- ---- ------- ----
 A  0, 16 1500 32.0 US-IV+   2.2
 B  1, 17 1500 32.0 US-IV+   2.2
 A  2, 18 1500 32.0 US-IV+   2.2
 B  3, 19 1500 32.0 US-IV+   2.2

<snip>

                    Bus  Max
 IO  Port Bus       Freq Bus  Dev,
Type  ID  Side Slot MHz  Freq Func State Name                              Model
PCI   8    A    0    66   66  1,0  ok    SUNW,qlc-pci1077,2312.1077.10a.2+ QLA2342
PCI   8    A    0    66   66  1,1  ok    SUNW,qlc-pci1077,2312.1077.10a.2+ QLA2342