[OpenIndiana-discuss] non-global zone bug

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 19:39:58 UTC 2010

Hi Anil,

On 23 Sep 2010, at 03:44, Anil wrote:

> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6975967
>
> I see the same thing in OI (of course). So, what is the best way to
> get this fixed in illumos/OI? Should I open the same bug with OI or
> should I open it with illumos? Could I expect a fix for this or is
> this dependent on Oracle releasing this fix to the public in the
> future?

It should be fixable, however as the bug reports don't include information it's hard to say how much work would be involved.

If you could file a bug in our bug tracker here that would be good (I had a quick glance and couldn't see it):

http://www.illumos.org/projects/openindiana/issues

Certainly it's a bug we're all aware of (anyone who has created a zone on oi_147 has seen the error). It would be nice to get it fixed for our oi_148 release, but if that isn't possible we may introduce a cosmetic change by shipping it in a disabled-by-default state.

Cheers,

Alasdair