[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana and VirtualBox v3.2.8

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 18:11:16 UTC 2010

  Hi,

After upgrading to OpenIndiana from Solaris 10 u5 everything was going
very well until I installed VirtualBox v3.1.8 which locked up my
computer stopped it from rebooting correctly. After sorting out the
problem, I eventually go round to installing VirtualBox v3.2.8 which
does work but generates an error message which has been posted on the
VirtualBox forums.

verifying class <manifest> ]
## Executing postinstall script.
Checking for older bits...
Installing new ones...
- Loaded: Host module
- Loaded: NetAdapter module
- Loaded: NetFilter module
* Warning!! Failed to determine Solaris 5.11 snv version. Skipped
installing USB support.
Configuring services...
- Loaded: Zone access service
Installing Python bindings...
- Installed: Bindings for Python 2.4
- Installed: Bindings for Python 2.6
Updating the boot archive...

Installation of <SUNWvbox> was successful.

As an aside on the VirtualBox forums, a member can set their host OS to
a list which includes OpenSolaris 11, OpenSolaris 10, OpenSolaris other
and Solaris.

Another minor point, would it be possible to modified the NWAM icon to
include an option to set the Network Manually, via the network-admin gui.

My brother wants to run a small business application (Accounts/Stock
Control) natively on OpenIndiana in the future, do you have any
recommendations?