[OpenIndiana-discuss] IPS on pkg.openindiana.org "Framework stall"

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Sep 27 15:42:12 UTC 2010

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 15:38, Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:
> > I am using Solaris 10, and disabling DAD kill networking in Zones. What
> > a pain...
>
> Apparently there was no such problem with OpenSolaris (I'm running
> b127 on that box at the moment). Zones kept working just fine. But
> this is very handy to know before I happen to try that sooner or later

I can report that the commands

  # ndd -set /dev/arp arp_probe_count 0
  # ndd -set /dev/arp arp_defend_interval 0

seem to have fixed our problem for now.  This is without zones.
We will soon test the same procedure with zones, first with the
above variables set to 1, then set to 0.

If there is interest, I can give feedback here.  Note that we are
running OSol 134, nothing to do with OI.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 45
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt